BW Blades youth hockey is open to boys ages 4 to 13 and girls ages 4 to 18 from Breckenridge, Wahpeton and the surrounding areas. The season runs from mid-October through mid-March, with registration in September. The season is shorter for youngest level. BW Blades follows USA Hockey regulations and all coaches are USA Hockey certified.
BW Blades strives to make youth hockey affordable for all who love to play hockey. Fees are comparable to other sports in the area. First year skaters are free no matter what level you start in. Equipment is available with a refundable deposit. Please visit our website for registration and more information by clicking on the BW Blades link above.
More than a Game
Hockey develops skills on the ice that build a foundation for a lifetime. In addition to athletic prowess, hockey promotes confidence, pride, focus and responsibility. With an emphasis on fun, hockey is a game to be played and enjoyed for life.
Starting with the bonds created in the locker room to the relationships formed on ice, hockey creates life-long friendships. This camaraderie shared on and off the ice encourages teamwork and the natural development of leadership skills.
Set Up for Success
From learning to balance school, responsibilities at home, time at the rink and playing with friends, hockey encourages kids to learn time management skills that will later serve them in all facets of life.
Hockey is Fun
The thrill of carrying the puck up the ice on a breakaway, the exhilaration of scoring your first goal or making that amazing save is possible due to the encouraging environment hockey provides to try new things and grow as a hockey player and person.
We’ll see you on the ice!
B-W Bolts Swim Team
- The Breckenridge-Wahpeton Bolts Swim Team consists of swimmers age 6-18 that have passed L4 swimming skills.
- Coach – Jeanne Miranowski – 218-643-6893.
Chahinkapa Zoo Association
- Chahinkapa Zoo Association meets on the second Monday of each month at 5:45 PM in the Rodger Ehnstrom Nature Center
Head of the Red Youth Activities Association
- The Head of the Red Youth Activities Association manages Stern Ice Arena.
- It meets on the 3rd Monday of each month at Stern Arena at 7:30 PM.
Junior Wildlife Club
- The Junior Wildlife Club meets on the third Thursday of each month, starting at 6 PM at a location determined by the activity, including fishing, hunting, archery, trap shooting, trapping, wildlife viewing, etc.
Koda Manipe Volkssport Club
- The Koda Manipe Volkssport Association of Wahpeton, ND and Breckenridge, MN was officially formed in January, 1987 and became the third club in North Dakota. The local club’s name derives from the Sioux Indian words meaning “group of friends walking.”
- If you are interested in joining our club or wish to support volksmarching, contact the Wahpeton Parks & Recreation Department, 304 South 5th Street, Wahpeton, ND 58075 or call (701) 642-2811.
- Three Rivers Gymnastics is a non-profit organization, providing a variety of gymnastics opportunities for youth.
- Equipment includes a 40′ x 40′ spring floor, a 70′ vaulting runway and vaulting horse, two sets of uneven parallel bars, seven padded balance beams, three short beams, two mini-tramps, a full-sized trampoline and numerous mats.
- Address is 815 4th Avenue South. Phone: 701-642-3620. Web Site: www.threeriversgymnastics.com
Prairie Pothole Partners
- The Prairie Pothole Partners is a new, citizen-based non-profit organization formed to promote conservation of tall grass prairie wetland ecosystems through education, recreation, awareness and appreciation of the prairie pothole region, including the Tewaukon National Wildlife Refuge.
- Call 1-701-724-3598 for more information.
Red River Area Sportsmen’s Club
- A club organized to promote and improve hunting, fishing and other outdoor-oriented recreation in the Wahpeton-Breckenridge area.
- The Red River Area Sportsmen’s Club meets on the third Thursday of each month, beginning at 7:30 P.M. at the Kidder Recreation Area.
- Officers are President – Greg Gerou – 642-4128; Vice-President – Brad Glarum – 899-0064; Secretary – Mary Rausch; Treasurer – Greg Braun – 640-2590.
Richland County Historical Society
- The Richland County Historical Museum is located at the corner of Second Street and 7th Avenue North.
- The Richland County Historical Society is open for visitors on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-4 PM.
- Program titles are in the Daily News and on KBMW radio.
- Unique to the museum are The World’s Largest Guest Register Book, Rogers Statues, Native American artifacts, Woody Keeble, one of North Dakota’s most decorated soldiers, and Rosemeade Pottery.
- There is no admission charge, but donations are accepted.
- Email: email@example.com
- Boy Scouts ….. Northern Lights Council at www.nicbsa.org
- Girl Scouts …… 1-800-437-4399
Southern Valley Figure Skating Club
For more information contact Kayla Hammond @ 218-205-7575 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See our website at http://southernvalleyfsc.org
The Southern Valley Figure Skating Club is a member of the US Figure Skating Association.
Area 7 Special Olympics offers year-round sports programs to adults and children with intellectual disabilities. Some sports are offered in a Unified Sports format. Unified Sports, a program created by Special Olympics International, combines people with and without mental retardation on sports teams within a training and competition structure. These programs are indicated by the use of the Unified before the sport. Training and competition are offered in the following sports:
July to September – Soccer & Bocce
September to November – Bowling
December to January – Basketball
April to June – Athletics and Bocce
If you would like information about participating as an athlete, coach or official in a Special Olympics program or would like information on volunteer opportunities please call 642-2811 (Wahpeton) or (800) 279-4201 (state office in Grand Forks).
Three Rivers Archery Club
An outdoor range is located on the northeast side of the North Dakota side of the Bois de Sioux Golf Course. It has set yardage targets on the front range and a 3D course set up on the back range. A 3D Shoot is sponsored at the Sand Hills near Hankinson every August. For more information, please call Blaine Harty at 671-0946.
Convention & Visitors Bureau
The CVB meets on the second Wednesday of each month at 10:00 AM in Wahpeton City Hall to address tourism.
Arts & Cultural
The Three Rivers Arts Council meets on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 pm at Breckenridge Public Library.